Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vito That, Can I Just Get Two Slices?

Along with everything else I've been hunting down to eat, pizza has been one of the most elusive little buggers of them all. There are tons of pizza joints out here and there is always something not just right. Either the crust, cheese, size, price and anything else you can fathom is off in some way. 

Vito's is no exception. I had a borderline perfect slice of pizza at their fine establishment. The crust was thin and cooked perfectly. The cheese was well placed and melted to almost perfect perfection, and the pepperoni was a great topping. I usually like my pepperoni thicker and to curl up like a little cup containing heart stopping goodness, but as pepperoni's go it was normal. 

The sauce on the pizza was just not doing it for me. I am not saying it was bad. I was just not wow'd. Maybe I've been on the west coast too long and the image I have in my mind and what my taste buds remember has just hyped up everything so much. Putting everything on a pedestal so high that even the food I remember eating back home cannot even compare. 

Final Bite: Vito's Pizza is definitely one of the better traditional slices of pizza I have had since living in LALA land. The cost is not terribly high but this is coming from a guy used to buy $1 slices. I will be going back because yes it is still a really good slice but is also a block away, which me being lazy is awesome.

Vito's Pizza
846 N La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 652-6859

No comments: